Medical Team - Recruitment
The England Touch Association (ETA) and are looking to recruit reliable and hard-working physiotherapists/sports therapists to add to the current medical and sports science provision for the England Touch Association.
The ETA is responsible for the governance and development of Touch in England. England is currently European Champions (Euros, 2014) and ranked 3rd in the World after the last World Cup in Australia, 2015.
The medical & sports science team have been supporting the players for the past 5 years. The department consists of an established and experienced team; however as Touch is a growing sport in England there has been a demand to expand the medical provision due to an increase in the number of tournaments/events and training camps etc.http://englandtouch.org.uk/wp/index.php/touch-series/
- Tournament physiotherapists/sports therapists ( 5/6 posts)
- £30 per session
Primarily to provide cover to players during the NTS/CTS events and ad hoc ETA run events. This role would suit a qualified Physiotherapist/sports therapist, 2 years post qualification and ideally with at least 1 year MSK experience. For those professionals who are keen to develop their experience of working in a sporting environment.
1. To assess, treat and provide advice to injuries incurred by players.
2. To be competent in providing pitch side first aid.
3. To be able to liaise with head of medical/coaching staff on return to play status of players after injury.
4. To be competent in taping application.
- Physiotherapy team leaders (CSP/HCPC registered) – tournaments (3 posts)
- £50 per session (plus accommodation as necessary)
Primarily to provide a team leader role for the medical team during the NTS/CTS events and ad hoc ETA run events. This role would suit a qualified chartered physiotherapist with at least 4 years of MSK experience. Would suit a physiotherapist keen to develop their experience of managing a team in a sporting environment.
- To provide a team leader role during events including responsibility for managing staff.
- Stock taking and communication/transfer of paperwork with Head of Medical services following events.
- To assess, treat and provide advice to injuries incurred by players.
- To be competent in providing pitch side first aid.
- To be able to liaise with head of medical/coaching staff on return to play status of players after injury.
- To be competent in taping application.
Required to attend at least 3 sessions in the season (3 mixed NTS sessions minimum)
- April 16th - Nottingham (NTS/CTS - Mixed)
- April 30th - Cambridge (NTS/CTS - Mixed)
- May 1st - Cambridge (Men's and Women's event)
- May 28th - Coventry (NTS/CTS - Mixed)
- May 29th - Coventry (Men's & Women's)
- July 23rd - Manchester (NTS/CTS Finals)
- Aug 27/28/29 - Cambridge (Nationals)
Some successful applicants may be invited to support the elite teams in their European championships in Jersey which takes place on 6/7/8/9/10 July, with a training camp on 8,9,10 April at Welbeck training camp in Loughborough.Applicants must have:
- Bsc in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy (essential).
- Health Professional Council registration (essential for team leader roles).
- Experience of working as part of an MDT team (essential).
- Experience of working within a musculoskeletal speciality (essential)
- Experience of working with paediatrics (desirable)
- Experience of working within a professional sporting environment (desirable)
- Possess a sports trauma qualification (IMMOFP, LUBAS, RFU, FA qualification etc) (essential)
- Acupuncture qualified (desirable)
- Taping application (essential)
- Sports massage (desirable)
- Excellent team work and communication skills (essential)
- Ability to commute to venues throughout England and the UK (essential)
- Able to commit to at least 3 sessions in the season (essential)
- Overseas travel may be required to support squads but this is negotiable
- Recruitment is subject to DBS clearance.
Saturday 9th January 2016. SKYPE interviews can be arranged.