A new Chair has been elected to lead the England Touch Board of Directors.
Mark Croston was elected during the 2018 England Touch Association Annual General Meeting in Manchester yesterday (Sunday, February 25th).
Croston has considerable experience of leadership within the sporting sector. He has been Chair of the World Dodgeball Association for three years and Director of Rugby at London Skolars RLFC for 14 years, and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity.
England Touch Chief Operating Officer Gregg Cropper welcomed the election.
“Mark was the standout candidate to be put forward for election as Chair of our Board of Directors,” he commented. “He has the experience to support our range of operations, from the day-to-day management of sports teams all the way up to managing the strategy of a global sporting organisation.
“With Mark joining Geraint Thomason, Paula Robertson, David Christophi and David Jenkins on our Board of Directors we have a very strong group to help us achieve our ambitions for future growth and development and to put Touch on the sporting map.”
The Annual General Meeting also saw the confirmation of Anthony Atherton and Ian Boyd as High Performance Director and Development Director respectively, posts they will hold for at least the next two years.
England Touch has also released its latest Annual Report, which has confirmed the following:
- The ambition to retain England’s place as the best country in European Touch at the 2018 European Touch Championships in Nottingham
- To make those Championships the biggest and best in the tournament’s history. With six months to go nearly 70 teams from 19 countries have confirmed their attendance
- To expand England Touch’s grassroots development programme, especially in schools
- To make the structure of the 2018 season more coherent, giving opportunities for players at all levels to compete in a national tournament
- Continued financial stability, which will underpin future growth
- The desire to attract more players, clubs and sponsors to the sport
CLICK HERE to download the 2017 Annual Report.