The following is a timeline that Regional Leads and Regional Managers need to enforce within their regions. It is crucial that these timelines are met, to provide your Regions with adequate preparation for the 2017 Touch Nationals.
||Release dates and venue for 2017 Touch Nationals
||Regional coaches and managers appointed and ETA notified of their appointment. Regional lead changes communicated
||Regional Trials must be advertised. E.g. Date/s for trials must be communicated via ETA, clubs and social media. Dates must be submitted to the ETA.
||Regional Lead/ Manager
||Initial trials held
||Confirm Team Entries
||Draft Draw Released
||Kit designs finalised
||Kit ordered from Belief
||All exemptions must be submitted by 13.00pm. An admin fee of £20 will be charged for all exemptions.
||Submitted by Players
||All players must be registered via the registration portal. A link for this will be circulated in advance. If this deadline is not met, there will be a financial penalty incurred by the Region.
||Regional Lead/ Manager
||Payment for the 2017 Touch Nationals must be made by 13.00om. If this deadline is not met, there will be a financial penalty incurred by the Region
||Final team of 16 announced for the 2017 Touch Nationals. Team lists must be submitted to the ETA for publication.
||Regional Lead/ Manager
|26th – 28th August 2017
||England Touch Nationals
2.1 REGIONAL BOUNDARIES
Players will only be eligible for selection in the Regions that they reside. The Regional Boundary Map is the same as 2016 and now online: http://englandtouch.org.uk/wp/index.php/regional-boundaries/
- Players: All players who are selected in your training squad will need full ETA membership. It will be the responsibility of the Regional Lead and Regional Manager to ensure that all players have purchased this membership.
- Coaches: All coaches and managers who are chosen to lead your region must also have the relevant ETA membership*. If you already have player membership you will be able to add ‘coach’ to your current membership through by contacting our membership manager and paying the difference (£5).
*Coach’ membership is only available if you are an Intermediate Coach or above.
Link to ETA Membership: http://www.englandtouch.org.uk/buy-membership/
2.3 SELECTION GUIDELINES/RULES
- Opens: Must be over 16 on the day of the tournament, with no maximum age.
- Seniors: Men: Over 30 as of 1st January 2018, with no maximum age.
- 18’s: The age criteria date will be 31/12/2017 meaning participants must not have turned 18 until 01/01/2018. The lower age is set at 16, meaning that a participant must already be 16 at 31/12/2017. Anyone younger than 16 and participating in the 18 division must be cleared to play via an exemption.
- 15’s: The age criteria date will be 31/12/2017 meaning participants must have not turned 15 until 01/01/2018. The lower age is set at 13, meaning that a participant must already be 13 at 31/12/2017. Anyone younger than 13 and participating in the 15 division must be cleared to play via further documentation.
2.3.2 England Eligibility
Player eligibility for international sporting competition can be a complex and often emotive issue. The defining elements are at the very heart of global competition and key issues involved in ascertaining eligibility include aspects of nationality, passport, residency, ancestry, place of birth, playing history, the respective country’s selection process and even a player’s gender and age.
Please note that in order to be selected to the regional/national training squad (and subsequent national teams); a player must satisfy the following criteria:
- Play at an England Touch affiliated venue/league or registered (and regularly play) with an affiliated England Touch club.
- Not play in any unaffiliated competitions and/or leagues.
- Meet FIT eligibility criteria. Detailed in this policy.
- Be a financial member of the England Touch through affiliation with a League/club association*
- Attend all national training sessions pre-and post-final national team selections -Please note there will be a strong expectation of attendance, and we will address each players case individually.
- Sign and agree to terms of the national squad player agreement at the first opportunity.
- Have a zero financial balance with the ETA or have previously agreed an arrangement for their outstanding balance.
* Players not resident in England should contact the HP Director for advice on fulfilling this criterion.
Along with one of the following:
- English Born:
- Hold a UK passport:
- Ancestry visa, having been resident for at least the last two:
- A UK resident for the past three years:
Each regional team will have the following restrictions in the amount of ineligible representatives in their teams:
- Opens Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
- Masters Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
- 18’s Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
*An exemption may be sought if a player will be eligible for selection into an Open Team once out of the Junior categories.
- Mixed Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
- 15’s Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
*An exemption may be sought if a player will be eligible for selection into an Open Team once out of the Junior Categories.
3 DATE AND VENUE
- Venue: One Leisure St Ives, California Road, St Ives, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, PE27 6SJ
- Date: 26th, 27th, 28th of August 2017. The Touch Nationals will act as the pathway for National Squad selection for European Touch Championships in Nottingham in 2018
4 THE DRAW AND SCHEDULE
Whilst the draw will not be released until closer to the tournament date, each division will play on the following dates:
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday:
Men’s Open, Women’s Open, Mixed Open, Men’s Senior’s
- Sunday and Monday:
- Sunday and Monday:
5 OPEN TRIAL
In 2017 there will be no Trial
The costs for tournament entry will be as follows:
- £480 per Regional Team
Men’s Open, Women’s Open, Mixed Open, Men’s Masters
- £380 per Regional Team
- £240 per Regional Team
7 PREPARATION FOR THE TOUCH NATIONALS – MEN’S AND WOMEN’S OPEN ONLY
As you will be aware, England Touch will be hosting 3 Men’s and Women’s Touch competitions in 2017. We are happy for Regional sides to enter this tournament to help them prepare for the 2017 Touch Nationals.
8 EXEMPTIONS FOR NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION
The pathway for National Team Selection is to participate at the Touch Nationals. However, if someone is unable to attend the Touch Nationals they can apply for an exemption. An exemption will only be considered and granted under significant circumstances, and the ETA may require further evidence to support your exemption. If you have any questions regarding this please email Thomas.Devereux@englandtouch.org.uk. The online exemption form will be made available to Regions at the beginning of June.