1 TOURNAMENT OUTLINES
Draw is being worked out, but likely around the following.
Saturday. 11:00 – 19:00
Sunday. 09:00 – 19:30
Monday. 09:00 – 16:00
One Leisure St Ives, California Road, St Ives, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, PE27 6SJ
Number of teams:
Circa 30 inc invitational teams.
£480 per team.
The deadline for submitting an exemption is 4th August 17.00pm. Only injury exemptions will be accepted after this date. Injured players are strongly encouraged to attend the event to assist in organisational duties.
Payment deadline is 7th August 2017 at 17.00pm. A 10% late payment fee will be added if this deadline is missed. Each regional lead/Coach/manager will collect money for their respective team(s). They will receive an invoice for each team under their jurisdiction.
Players must be registered by 17.00pm 7th August 2017. All players must be registered prior to the tournament, and only players that have been registered prior to this date will be allowed to play at the tournament. No exceptions. A link will be sent to each of Regional Manager/Lead prior to the deadline, where you will be able to register your team. Please note that you will need player numbers at that point also.
For the 2017 England Touch Nationals, players who are unable to be selected for their home regional side for any reason (selection, non-attendance at trials, etc.) will be able to nominate into a central draft pool.
How to get involved
Contact your regional lead; a list of these can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rOfkP59qR69sMntd_27E2ae1dAcGdZXHIy6BAD_6puc
Junior and Masters Nationals:
Still being worked out, but likely around the following.
9:30 – 17:00
Droitwich RFC, The Glyn Mitchell Memorial Ground, Hanbury Rd, Droitwich Spa, Droitwich, WR9 7DU
We are looking to have players play both Mixed and Boy’s/Girl’s at the 2017 Nationals. For Girls this provides them with the ability to play as middles and strike players and for boys develops the ability to play off both sides of the field and develops specialist wingers. This will involve combining Boy’s/Girl’s teams players from different franchises in order to play mixed also. Please note that the additional grade will be offered at no additional cost to players.
Are you a junior player (or parent) who’s interested in playing in this tournament? CLICK HERE to express your interest!
Number of teams:
£220 per team.
Payment deadline is 18th September 2017 at 17.00pm. A 10% late payment fee will be added if this deadline is missed. Each regional lead/Coach/Manager will collect money for their respective team(s). They will receive an invoice for each team under their jurisdiction.
Players must be registered by 17.00pm 18th September 2017. All players must be registered prior to the tournament, and only players that have been registered prior to this date will be allowed to play at the tournament. No exceptions. A link will be sent to each of Regional Manager/Lead prior to the deadline, where you will be able to register your team. Please note that you will need player numbers at that point also.
Are you a man who’s interested in playing in this tournament? CLICK HERE to express your interest!
Are you woman aged 35 or over who’s interested in playing in this tournament? CLICK HERE to express your interest!
2.1 REGIONAL BOUNDARIES
Players will only be eligible for selection in the Regions that they reside. The Regional Boundary Map is the same as 2016 and now online: http://englandtouch.org.uk/wp/index.php/regional-boundaries/
- Players: All players who are selected in your training squad will need full ETA membership. It will be the responsibility of the Regional Lead and Regional Manager to ensure that all players have purchased this membership.
- Coaches: All coaches and managers who are chosen to lead your region must also have the relevant ETA membership*. If you already have player membership you will be able to add ‘coach’ to your current membership through by contacting our membership manager and paying the difference (£5).
*Coach’ membership is only available if you are an Intermediate Coach or above.
Link to ETA Membership: http://www.englandtouch.org.uk/buy-membership/
2.3 SELECTION GUIDELINES/RULES
- Opens: Must be over 16 on the day of the tournament, with no maximum age.
- Seniors: Men: Over 30 as of 1st January 2018, with no maximum age.
- 18’s: The age criteria date will be 31/12/2017 meaning participants must not have turned 18 until 01/01/2018. The lower age is set at 16, meaning that a participant must already be 16 at 31/12/2017. Anyone younger than 16 and participating in the 18 division must be cleared to play via an exemption.
- 15’s: The age criteria date will be 31/12/2017 meaning participants must have not turned 15 until 01/01/2018. The lower age is set at 13, meaning that a participant must already be 13 at 31/12/2017. Anyone younger than 13 and participating in the 15 division must be cleared to play via further documentation.
2.3.2 England Eligibility
Player eligibility for international sporting competition can be a complex and often emotive issue. The defining elements are at the very heart of global competition and key issues involved in ascertaining eligibility include aspects of nationality, passport, residency, ancestry, place of birth, playing history, the respective country’s selection process and even a player’s gender and age.
Please note that in order to be selected to the regional/national training squad (and subsequent national teams); a player must satisfy the following criteria:
- Play at an England Touch affiliated venue/league or registered (and regularly play) with an affiliated England Touch club.
- Not play in any unaffiliated competitions and/or leagues.
- Meet FIT eligibility criteria. Detailed in this policy.
- Be a financial member of the England Touch through affiliation with a League/club association*
- Attend all national training sessions pre-and post-final national team selections -Please note there will be a strong expectation of attendance, and we will address each players case individually.
- Sign and agree to terms of the national squad player agreement at the first opportunity.
- Have a zero financial balance with the ETA or have previously agreed an arrangement for their outstanding balance.
* Players not resident in England should contact the HP Director for advice on fulfilling this criterion.
Along with one of the following:
- English Born:
- Hold a UK passport:
- Ancestry visa, having been resident for at least the last two:
- A UK resident for the past three years:
Each regional team will have the following restrictions in the amount of ineligible representatives in their teams:
- Opens Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
- Masters Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
- 18’s Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
*An exemption may be sought if a player will be eligible for selection into an Open Team once out of the Junior categories.
- Mixed Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
- 15’s Regional Team: Allowed ZERO ineligible players.
*An exemption may be sought if a player will be eligible for selection into an Open Team once out of the Junior Categories.
3 THE DRAW AND SCHEDULE
Whilst the draw will not be released until closer to the tournament date, each division will play on each day of the competition
4 OPEN TRIAL
In 2017 there will be no Trial
5 PREPARATION FOR THE TOUCH NATIONALS – MEN’S AND WOMEN’S OPEN ONLY
As you will be aware, England Touch will be hosting 3 Men’s and Women’s Touch competitions in 2017. We are happy for Regional sides to enter this tournament to help them prepare for the 2017 Touch Nationals.
6 EXEMPTIONS FOR NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION
The pathway for National Team Selection is to participate at the Touch Nationals. However, if someone is unable to attend the Touch Nationals they can apply for an exemption. An exemption will only be considered and granted under significant circumstances, and the ETA may require further evidence to support your exemption. If you have any questions regarding this please email Thomas.Devereux@englandtouch.org.uk. The online exemption form is available from regional leads and coaches