Following a successful Touch World Cup campaign in 2015, England Touch has commenced the process to appoint Head Coaches for their National Squads. Coaching appointments will be for a two-year term – covering European Touch Championships 2018 (England) and Touch World Cup 2019 (Malaysia).
All head coach positions are to be considered open for appointment.
It is compulsory for head coaches for open sides to be non-playing coaches. It is also highly desirable for head coaches in seniors/masters divisions to be non-playing coaches (in their own team), however, if this is not possible then the assistant coach must be a non-playing coach (i.e. not be playing for any team).
This is a non-paid role. Time commitment will necessitate 2-10 hours of planning and review work on a week-to-week basis (the workload varies throughout the campaign) in addition to England training sessions and delivering additional coaching clinics with other teams/groups as required.
Unsuccessful applications will be held on file and reviewed for the assistant coach appointments.
• Gregg Cropper, England Touch CEO
• Sammie Phillips, High Performance Advisor
• Thomas Devereux, Development & Pathways
• Tim Osborne, EFTPP Head Coach (Knights)
• In consultation with Peter Bell, High Performance Consultant
• 5 August 2017 – Job Advert and Job Description released
• 14 August 2017 – deadline for submission of applications
• Formal appointments announced prior to Touch Nationals
• 28 August 2017 – Head Coaches meeting
Head Coaching posts
1. Juniors (potentially four separate positions: Mixed 18s, Boys 18s, Girls 18s, Mixed 15s)
2. England Students/Scholars/U21s (Mixed, Men’s, Women’s)
3. Men’s Open
4. Women’s Open
5. Mixed Open
6. Men’s 30s
7. Women’s 27s
8. Mixed Senior
9. Men’s 35s
10. Women’s 35s
11. Men’s 40s
12. Men’s 45s/50s
Application Form download