Membership offers numerous benefits, including public liability and professional indemnity insurance, and is required to participate in many forms of touch activity in England. Insurance is absolutely vital to protect the interests of all our members.
Club membership categories:
Required: To participate in any National or Regional DTS, CTS, NTS, MWTC or other competition run by England Touch
Required: For university-based clubs wishing to participate in UTS, or in any MWTC, National or Regional DTS, CTS, NTS, or other competition run by England Touch
Required: For school-based clubs wishing to participate in England Touch schools tournaments
O2 Touch Club
Required: For RFU O2 Touch Base clubs wishing to participate in Regional DTS events only, and to be listed in England Touch’s Where to Play directory
Exclusions: Insurance is provided independently through the RFU, not England Touch. Does not permit entry into any MWTC, National DTS, CTS, NTS, or other England Touch hosted competition (must register as a Full Club for access to these).
All memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase/renewal
- Full Club membership: £150
- University Club membership: £80
- School Club membership: £0
- O2 Touch Club membership: £0
Insurance and welfare cover [not applicable to O2 Touch Clubs]
Have your say [not applicable to O2 Touch Clubs]
- Representation within England Touch as a member with voting rights at the AGM
- Direct involvement in shaping the future of Touch in England
- Input into the sport’s development in Europe and around the world
- Recognition of your touch operation on England Touch’s Where to Play database
- Ability to promote as an affiliated operation and attract players / referees with an open and clear development pathway
- Promotion and marketing of club activities / events on the England Touch website, social media channels, newsletter, etc.
Participation and development opportunities
- One complimentary place on a Level 1 Referee course [not applicable to O2 Touch Clubs]
- Involvement in the National / Challenge / Development Touch Series, University Touch Series, in which only those registered have the opportunity to part of (subject to conditions)
- Access to development days, education pathways, coursework, and specialist coaching days provided by England Touch and our relationship with EFT, FIT, TFA and TNZ
- Development officers at national and local levels to engage with schools, rugby development officers and others to help aid understanding of touch and how it can help achieve aims for inclusion and physical activity. Better awareness leads to increased participation.
- Opportunity to host one of the National Development Touch Series events (subject to criteria and decision by England Touch)
- Opportunity to hold one-off club days / inter-club / other tournaments, with the support of England Touch
- FIT and EFT affiliation, including indirect benefits such as referee panels to improve our top referees and referee coaches, courses for coaches and coaching presenters
- Access to a shared a national disciplinary network and standards ensuring that all players are dealt with consistently and fairly and that affiliates and participants are protected from disruptive players nationwide
- Access and compliance support on constitutions and running operations within boundaries of relevant regulations and laws, protection policies, disciplinary procedures, and a national code of conduct.
- Advice and support regarding safeguarding, equality, inclusion and judiciary matters.
Access to discounts & subsides
- One complimentary England Touch referee shirt [not applicable to O2 Touch Clubs]
- Access to discounts offered by ETA’s partners
- ‘Economies of scale’ reductions – the larger the affiliation structure, the more attractive it becomes to investors.
- ETA structures and procedures provide quality assurance for affiliated operators. Players and referees can see at a glance that an event will warrant their participation
- The right to run touch activities (using the FIT rules) is restricted to affiliates only. The ETA will protect affiliates from having their competition undermined by ‘unaffiliated organisers’ who badge their activity as ‘Touch’ where it is fundamentally different to FIT rules.
- Access to ETA trained referees, coaches and medical staff
- Protection under the national constitution, by-laws and policies
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions first, otherwise contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register your membership at www.englandtouch.org.uk/membership/register
- All applications for membership of the England Touch are governed by the Constitution, Regulations and By-Laws of England Touch
- It is your responsibility to ensure you qualify for membership under the criteria set by England Touch
Already a member? Login to your account at www.englandtouch.org.uk/membership/login
- Existing members will receive a renewal reminder email four weeks before their existing membership expires. You do not need to renew or re-register until this point.