About The ETA
England Touch (ETA) is the governing body of Touch in England. Our role as custodians of the game is to promote, encourage, foster, develop and grow the sport of Touch in England, under the Federation of International Touch (FIT) rules and guidelines. We are a non-profit organisation primarily funded by membership fees, led by a volunteer-run Executive Committee selected by our members.
Our aim is to ensure anyone wanting to play the sport can do so in a safe, consistent and enjoyable environment. This is done in a variety of ways:
- From administering and delivering referee and coaching courses
- To hosting player development days
- To organising and promoting events and tournaments from grass-roots to elite divisions at Touch Nationals
- To ensuring sound policies are in place, updated and monitored
- To liaising and working with a number of our partners to deliver the sport
- To developing and selecting national squads
- To supporting and setting up Touch leagues
- Finally working with the European and worldwide Touch community to grow the game
We are in a period of unrivalled growth in terms of the number of people playing Touch in England – especially as people become increasingly aware of its benefits: it is fun and social, whilst at the same time promoting an active lifestyle and improving fitness.
Our current focus is very much on supporting this increased participation in over the forthcoming years, at all levels, but with a particular emphasis on youth participation and development thus providing a strong base for the future.
We are extremely proud of all of our players, coaches, administrators and referees from our grass-roots participants to international representatives.